Find an Answer
Source tracking allows you to see where your registrants are coming from when they land on the Registration page. Using this feature, you can create unique Registration URLs for each of the various mediums you use to invite attendees (for example, newsletters, Facebook, LinkedIn). You will then be able to see how many registrants used each URL to get to the Registration page, which can help indicate how effective your marketing is and which platforms are the best for your webinar promotions.
You will also be able to see each registrant's "source" when you run Registration, Attendee or Webinar Analytics reports.
1. Go to the My Webinars page and select the desired webinar.
2. On the Manage Webinar page, scroll down to "Source Tracking BETA" and click Edit.
3. Give the source a name (e.g., January newsletter, Email, Facebook, etc.), then click Create.
4. GoToWebinar will automatically create a unique URL for that source, and it will become available in the "Your Sources" table below ready to be shared!
1. To invite attendees using the unique URL, you can do the following:
- Click Copy Link to copy just the URL, and then paste it wherever you'd like (into a newsletter, email, etc).
- Click Share to automatically post to Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
2. As attendees start registering for the event, the number of registrants listed for each source will increase depending on where they found the link.
If you no longer want one of the unique Registration URLs to be active you can archive it. Your registrants will see an error message if they attempt to use a URL that has since been archived.
Note that it is not possible to "un-archive" a source, so be sure you no longer need it before you archive it.
1. In the Your Sources table, click the X icon next to the desired source.
2. Click Archive to continue, or Cancel to keep the link active.
3. Your archived links will remain listed at the bottom of the table, but will be grayed out and not accessible.