Find an Answer
When you start or join a webinar, the installation package (including applications and plugins) will be downloaded onto your computer. By leaving the applications installed and the plugin enabled, you will be able to join future webinars more quickly by avoiding the extended download process. See Join Help for troubleshooting information.
The installation package includes the following components:
GoToWebinar desktop app
This is the main software that you use to start and join webinars.
GoToWebinar Launcher app
This "helper" application is required to install and launch the GoToMeeting desktop application. It must be installed on the computer, even if the GoToMeeting application is already installed.
Note: If you remove the Launcher application at a later time, you'll need to go through the entire download process again. We don’t recommend that you do this if you frequently join webinars, as you will lose the benefit of faster join times.
Web Deployment browser plugin (optional)
This plugin allows your web browser to automatically start the Launcher application, which in turn launches the GoToWebinar application. Although disabling or blocking the plugin will not prevent you from joining webinars, our products work best if the plugin is allowed to run when the browser prompts by clicking Allow, Run this time or Trust.
Note: When you click the Download button below, you will be launched into a test session.
If the Launcher application is not installed (either first time joining or it was removed), then the GoToWebinar Launcher.exe file will automatically start downloading. Continue to Step #2.
If the Launcher application is already installed, then some or all of the following steps will be skipped. The web browser will automatically start the Launcher app, which will then launch the GoToMeeting application (or install it again, if needed). The customer will not need to continue to Step #2, but they will see the dialogs described in Run GoToMeeting once installed.
2. If the Launcher application is not already installed, then the GoToWebinar Launcher.exe file will automatically begin downloading. Depending on which web browser you are running, you can complete the download as follows:
Click Save File when prompted by the "Opening GoToWebinar Launcher.exe" dialog (click restart the download in the browser window if needed).
Click the Downloads button in the toolbar, and then select the "GoToWebinar Opener.exe" file.
Click Run if prompted.
When the download finishes, click GoToWebinarOpener.exe at the bottom of the page to open the file (click restart the download in the browser window if needed).
- Click Run when prompted.
Click Run when prompted (click launch GoToMeeting again in the browser window if needed).
3. The GoToMeeting Launcher application will be automatically installed, along with the Web Deployment browser plugin (click Yes if prompted by User Account Control). GoToMeeting will be automatically launched.
Once the download is done, the customer will be able to join future webinars even faster! See Run GoToMeeting once installed for more information about joining future webinars.
Note: If customers remove the Launcher application at a later time, they'll need to go through the entire download process again. We don’t recommend that customers do this if they frequently join support sessions, as they will lose the benefit of faster join times.
Once the Launcher application has been installed, customers will not need to download it again (unless they remove it). When these customers join a support session next, they will be prompted with additional dialogs from the web browser requesting permission to start the Launcher and/or GoToMeeting application on the customer's behalf.
If you are running Firefox, you may be prompted to choose an application to use (either the Citrix Online Launcher application, or the GoToMeeting application).
1. Select the "Remember my choice for gotomeeting1468 links" check box to avoid being prompted by the dialog again when joining future sessions.
2. Click OK to continue. The Launcher application will then start, as shown in Step #3 above.
If you are running Chrome, it may request your permission to open an external application (i.e., the Launcher application or the GoToMeeting desktop application) by prompting you with an "External Protocol Request".
1. Select the "Remember my choice for citrixonline links" check box to avoid being prompted by the dialog again when joining future sessions.
2. Click Launch Application to continue. The Launcher application will then start, as shown in Step #3 above.
Customers running Internet Explorer v9 or newer will not be prompted by any additional dialogs. Customers running v8 or older will be prompted to manually launch the applications.
1. Click Launch GoToMeeting in the web browser.
2. Click Run in the Application Run dialog. The Launcher application will then start, as shown in Step #3 above.