Find an Answer
The Request function allows you to request files quickly and securely via either the ShareFile email system or a link you can copy to your clipboard.
You can customize various security settings for your request before sending, as well as request files from both internal and external users.
Note: If you do not see a Request a File link in your navigation bar, contact your ShareFile Administrator about obtaining the appropriate permissions.
Request with ShareFile allows you to send your file request via ShareFile's email system. With this method, the recipient receives an email message containing a secure link to upload the file(s).
Access Request in the top navigation bar and choose Email with ShareFile
1. Enter a Recipient for your message. You can enter an external user's email address manually, or select users from your address books or distribution groups.
2. Enter a Subject for your message. You may enter additional text in the Body of your message if needed.
3. Edit Message Options allows you to customize the following:
4. Request files will be uploaded to allows you to select where you want the uploaded files to be stored.
5. Click Send when ready. You will receive confirmation that the request was sent successfully.
Get a Link allows you to quickly obtain a secure upload link you can share. With this method, ShareFile generates a link that you can copy and paste.
Access Request in the top navigation bar and choose Get a Link
1. Request files will be uploaded to allows you to select where you want the uploaded files to be stored. Use the folder tree menu to select a new destination.
2. Edit Message Options allows you to customize the following:
3. Click Get a Link when ready. The link will be generated and displayed on screen.
4. Click Copy Link to copy it to your clipboard. You may then paste the link into the app of your choice.
To have files uploaded directly to a folder through a request, navigate to the folder where you want files sent and click the Request Files link in the drop down menu as shown below.
The recipient will receive an email which includes a link. When they click on the link they will be brought to a page that will allow them to upload a file into your account. If the recipient wishes to upload an entire Folder, they must zip the item in order to upload it successfully. Click here for more information on zipping multiple files.
(An example of your recipient's view)
When a ShareFile user sends you a Request a File link with the "Require User to Login" option checked, you will be asked to create a ShareFile account in order to access the link you have received.
If the ShareFile user sent you a file request via the ShareFile Email System, you will receive an email with a link, as shown below.
Click the link to activate your account and upload files. Before you can upload files, you must set a password for your account.
For security reasons, please do not close the browser window or navigate away from this page until you have configured your password.
If the ShareFile user does not permit users to set their own passwords, your password will be displayed here.
Once you have set your password and clicked Save, you can upload files.
Don't worry. Simply return to the original email message and click on the link again. Instead of a password configuration page, you will be shown the following:
This will also trigger a new email message. Check your Inbox for a new email message containing an activation code, as shown below. This code must be entered in the field shown above within one hour.
For clarity, let's review:
In order to verify your account, you must use the most recent activation code in your Inbox.
Once you have verified your account, you will be able to access the link.