Troubleshooting for GoToMeeting on video conference systems
This article covers open, known issues and lists possible problems and the likely solutions by topic.
- Mute audio for all but one device in a conference room. For example, if there are two attendees joined over their laptops in the conference room in addition to the system attendee, mute the system attendee and one of the laptops.
- Call does not connect
- Call connects but disconnects after a timeout
- Call connects but media is blocked (usually inbound media)
Verify the system configuration is correct.
- Some firewalls have limited built-in H.323 support may not work with our solution
- Some firewalls have very low (< 30sec) idle timeouts.
Customer gatekeeper configuration
A gatekeeper provides address translation, admissions control, call routing, authorization and accounting services to an H.323 system.
GoToMeeting Gatekeeper IP address: 184.108.40.206
- Call connects but there is no audio and/or video
- Call connects but audio and/or video freezes intermittently
To figure out if the problems are caused by a misconfigured gatekeeper, do the following.
- Try to not register with the gatekeeper
- Try registering with GetGo gatekeeper
Setup GNU Gatekeeper (GnuGk).
Incoming call not visible on gateway side.
Device is configured to attempt SIP calls. Configure to accept H.323 calls.
Known issues with firmware which can be resolved by update
- Update device certificates / certificate authority (CA) lists
- LifeSize Icon series, version <= 2.8.1: devices do not display infrastructure video reliably, fixed from version 3.1.2
- Polycom RealPresence Group series, version <= 5.0: device does not hang up when instructed by the gateway, fixed from version 6.0
InRoom Link for video conference rooms and systems
InRoom Link supported video conference room devices
Set up video conference systems for InRoom Link
Set up GoToMeeting for InRoom Link
Diagnosing video conference system problems