Can I opt to use the Web App instead of the desktop app?
Yes. You can choose to use the Web App (or Web Viewer if you're not running Chrome) by joining or starting your meeting using the direct URL.
Note that if this is your first time joining a meeting, you will automatically use the Web App to join.
Host or join using Google Chrome (recommended) or Internet Explorer:
This will allow you to join or host a session using the HTML5-based Web App.
1. Open a Google Chrome or Internet Explorer web browser.
2. Go to http://app.gotomeeting.com.
3. Enter the Meeting ID, then click the arrow key.
- If you are the organizer, click start the meeting at the bottom of the screen. Then log in when prompted.
4. You'll be automatically launched into session!
Join using Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari:
This will allow you to join the session using the Adobe Flash-based Web Viewer app.
1. Open a new browser window (if you are using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, see above).
2. Go to "https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/<meetingID>?clientType=flash".
Be sure to enter your meeting's unique 9-digit ID in place of "<meetingID>".
3. You will then join the session automatically!
Web App Help and FAQs
What is the Web App?
Can I join a session using the Web App?
Can I host a session using the Web App?
What audio is available in the Web App?
What is the difference between the Web App and the desktop app?
Can I tell which attendees have joined with the Web App?
Is my account enabled to use the Web App?
Does the Web App work on mobile devices?
Is the Web App available to international customers?
What security does the Web App use?
Can I host meetings using Linux or Chromebook?
What are the system requirements for using the Web App?
Can I record a session from the Web App?
How do I install the Web App?
What is the Web Viewer?