Find an Answer
The audio options that are available for you to connect to the audio conference will vary depending on what options the organizer set for the session (for example, they may have disabled some methods, or even provided their own conference call information).
Below are instructions for connecting to audio when you've joined via the browser-based Web App.
1. The first time that you join a session, you will be prompted to select which audio mode you want to use (you can also switch audio modes during the session if needed):
To connect using your computer's mic and speakers (VoIP), select Use Computer Audio. You will then be able to select which microphone you want to use and play a sound to test your speakers.
To connect using your telephone (PSTN), select Phone call. You will be able to select your desired country to view the phone number, Meeting ID and Audio PIN. Use a telephone to dial the phone number, then follow then prompts for entering the additional information.
- To connect using Call Me, select Phone call and then the Call me tab. You will then be able to enter your phone number and expect a call from GoToMeeting. Just answer the phone and follow the prompts given by the operator.
Note: Computer audio is only available from Google Chrome (unless you are running Linux). See Web App Feature Comparison for more information. In addition, it is possible for these options to be disabled by the organizer. Call Me is only available on certain eligible accounts. Learn more.
2. Click OK, I'm all set when finished. The browser will remember your selection for future sessions.
3. If you choose to connect using computer audio (VoIP), then you will also be prompted to grant the browser permission to access your microphone. Click Allow to continue.
You will then be connected to the session audio! You can also switch audio modes at any time during the session (provided that the organizer has allowed other audio modes).
You can change your audio settings at any time during the session.
1. Click the Settings icon in the toolbar.
2. Use the radio buttons to select either Computer audio or Phone call.
- If you selected Computer audio, use the drop-down menus to select which audio device to use for your microphone.
- If you selected Phone call, use a telephone to dial in to the audio and enter the access code and Audio PIN when prompted. Use the drop-down menu to see phone numbers for additional countries.
- If you selected Call me, enter your phone number and answer the incoming call from GoToMeeting. Use the drop-down menu to change between U.S. and Canadian phone numbers.
Want to be heard? You can easily mute or unmute yourself at any time.
Your audio is currently connecting via Computer mode (mic and speakers).
You are unmuted (and connected via Computer mode).
You are muted (and connected via Computer mode).
You are currently set to Phone mode, but you have not yet entered your Audio PIN.
You are unmuted (and connected via Phone mode).
You are muted (and connected via Phone mode).
Help us improve our audio! If you are experiencing issues with your VoIP audio connection during a session, you can use GoToMeeting to record a sample of audio and send it to the GoToMeeting development team. Doing so can help us collect more thorough data and better diagnose commonly encountered audio issues.
Note: Please note that this feature is meant to provide feedback to the GoToMeeting team, but it is not intended as a forum for you to request assistance. Instead, you can use the GoToMeeting Community forums for troubleshooting or contact Customer Care if they need immediate assistance or wish to speak with a representative.
Select "Report audio issues" in two places: