Find an Answer
You can record any session and then store the recording for attendees to view at a later time. When a session is recorded, the presenter's screen, the audio conference and any shared applications are included.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
Successfully using session recording requires a series of steps on the part of the organizer. Use the steps below to set up and use session recording.
1. Record sessions: Organizers and co-organizers can start and stop recording during meetings.
2. Convert recordings: After each recorded session, a temporary recording file is saved to the specified location in .G2M format. You must then convert the recording into a downloadable format (.WMV, .MOV or .MP4).
Note: We recommend having 2 organizers record the session in case 1 organizer encounters any issues that may potentially disrupt the recording.
1. Ensure that you are sharing your screen or an application to include them in your session recording.
2. Start recording as follows:
- Windows – At the bottom of your Control Panel, click Record this meeting.
- Mac – At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Record.
Note: At least 5 GB of free space must be available in the Recordings folder in order to record a session.
3. The Recording icon will glow and attendees will see a notification that the session is being recorded at the bottom of their Control Panel.
4. Once you end the session, you will be prompted to convert it using the Recording Manager. You must convert session recordings if you wish to upload and share them with attendees.
1. Stop recording as follows:
- Windows – At the bottom of your Control Panel, click Stop Recording.
- Mac – At the bottom of the Screen Sharing pane, click Recording.
2. If desired, you can restart recording during the same session.
3. If you are using local recording, you will be prompted to convert it using the Recording Manager as soon as the session ends. You must convert session recordings if you wish to upload and share them with attendees. If you are using online recording, then this step is not necessary and you will be launched directly to your My Recordings page.