Find an Answer
The GoToMeeting Outlook plugin allows you to view, schedule, join, edit, and delete meetings directly from your Microsoft Outlook calendar. If you then update or reschedule the appointment on your calendar, the associated meeting will be rescheduled as well.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to use the GoToMeeting Outlook plug-in, it is highly recommended that you only schedule, update and/or cancel meetings in Outlook. This is because while all changes you make in the plug-in are automatically reflected in the web portal, changes made in the web portal are not duplicated in the Outlook plug-in. In addition, any rescheduling for meetings while in Outlook offline mode will not appear in the GoToMeeting admin site.
Notes: The Outlook Plug-in automatically uses your default audio settings when scheduling meetings. See Install the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin for single machine and admin silent mode installation instructions.
Meet now creates an invitation in an Outlook email format, all ready to go.
1. In the Outlook menu bar, click Meet Now. If prompted, sign in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
2. An email form is populated with the meeting invitation. The first time, you receive a message about what took place. Check the Don't show this again box if you want to skip the message in the future. Click OK to close the message.
3. Add the invitees' email addresses, modify the subject as necessary, and make any changes to the body of the email.
4. Click Send.
1. In the Outlook menu bar, click Schedule Meeting. If prompted, sign in with your GoToMeeting credentials.
2. An email form is populated with the meeting invitation. Session information for a new meeting (including join links and dial-in numbers) is populated in the body of the email. If you have preferred countries set, these are used. If not, and US is selected, then the US is used. For all other cases the alphabetically first selected country is used.
3. Use the Outlook fields to specify the subject, date and start/end times. The URL to connect to the meeting is added automatically to the Location field of the meeting. You can add a physical meeting room as needed.
4. Invite attendees by adding their email addresses in the To field.
6. Click Send when finished.
1. If you are signed in to GoToMeeting, the Schedule Meeting/Add Meeting buttons display when you click the GoToMeeting daisy icon .
Note: If you currently have an Outlook appointment or meeting open, you will see the Add Meeting button. Otherwise you will see a Schedule Meeting button.
2. Enter your meeting details here just as you would for any meeting in Outlook - time, subject, invitees, and notes for your meeting to set it up.
3. Scheduled Outlook appointments and GoToMeeting session information (date/time/subject) will be synchronized back to GoToMeeting every minute the Outlook app is running in the background.
You can easily update any session with a co-organizer, add a password to the meeting, or edit audio settings via the Outlook plug-in. All saved edits will be automatically updated in the pre-populated email.
Note: If a meeting was scheduled via the web app or desktop application, updating it in your Outlook calendar will not automatically update it in the GoToMeeting web app.
1. Select the desired meeting then click Edit Meeting. This will launch a small Edit Options window.
If needed, you can remove the session information from an appointment without canceling the appointment altogether. This will keep the appointment on your calendar (and those of your attendees), but it will remove the meeting from the GoToMeeting system.
1. Open the desired appointment on your Outlook calendar.
2. In the Ribbon, click Remove Meeting.
3. Click Send Update when finished.