Find an Answer
Before you can manage your conferences directly from Outlook, you need to configure the plug-in with your HiDef Corporate credentials.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. From the HiDef Plug-in drop-down menu, select the Settings option. Note that there are minor differences in the menu titles and options, depending on your version of Outlook:
- Office 2003/2007: Click the Manage HiDef Plugin drop-down menu and select HiDef Plugin Settings.
- Office 2010: Click the Manage HiDef Plugin drop-down menu (on the HiDef Outlook Plugin tab on the Ribbon) and select HiDef Plugin Settings.
3. At the top of the Settings/Options window, enter the username and password assigned to you by your account administrator and click Download Access Numbers.
Note: If or when new numbers are introduced by the HiDef Corporate service, or additional numbers are enabled by your administrator; you will need to use the Download Access Numbers function to update the access numbers on the plugin.
4. Microsoft Outlook automatically retrieves your HiDef account credentials and fills in the Settings/Options window. Click OK to close the Success dialog.
5. Configure the following preferences as desired:
- Select a default phone number to be displayed in the location field of your Outlook invite.
- Add a name to be included in the body of your invitation.
- Provide additional toll and/or toll-free numbers in the body of your invitation.
- If required by your IT department, enter the proxy server information needed for Internet-enabled applications. If you’re unsure, please check with your IT department.
Note: In most installations, proxy server information isn’t necessary.
6. Click OK to save the changes made to your preferences.
Congratulations – the HiDef Corporate Outlook Plug-in is now fully installed!
To schedule a conference using your Outlook Plugin, click here.