Find an Answer
Recording is an organizer function. If you need someone else to record your training session, you can promote any attendee to organizer, and that person then has recording capability.
Please review Notes on Recording before beginning.
1. In the Organizer Control Panel, click the View menu and select Recording.
2. On the Recording pane in the Control Panel, click Settings.
3. Select Audio format:
- Use GoToMeeting integrated audio: Select this option if you selected to use built-in audio or Integrated Toll-Free audio for your training session. All unmuted speakers will be recorded.
- Use your own audio service: Select this option if you are providing your own conference call number for your training session. With this option you will need an additional piece of hardware; either a microphone to record only your voice or a phone patch to record all unmuted speakers.
4. Select Recordings format:
- Record in GoToMeeting format: This option is generally selected for viewers who use GoToMeeting. There is no processing time after your training session.
- Convert to Windows Media Player file: This option is a more common file format and is generally selected for viewers using Windows Media Player. Please allow time for a conversion process that takes place after your training session.
Note: Organizers using Macs must convert recordings using the Recording Manager.
5. Select the folder where you want to save your recording.
- Save In: For optimum recording performance and in-session experience, select a location on your local hard drive.
6. Click OK.
1. When you are ready to begin recording, click Start Recording. All screen activity that is presented in the GoToTraining Viewer will be captured.
2. Click Stop Recording to pause or stop recording completely. Clicking Start Recording again will continue recording to the same file.
GoToTraining participants now see "This session is being recorded" at the bottom of the Control Panel when a session is being recorded.