Find an Answer
You can upload documents, images and media files and add web links to your materials so that attendees can review or complete tasks prior to a training session.
From the Manage Materials page, you can specify if materials are available upon registering for a training session, during the training session and/or in follow-up emails. When training materials are added to a training session, by default they are available upon registration and during the training session, and are automatically added to the Library for later use.
Note:The Materials page for each training session is available only to registrants for that training session. Each organizer account has a maximum of 2GB of storage space for materials and recordings.
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click My Trainings in the left navigation.
3. On the My Trainings page, select the title of the training session.
4. In the Materials for Attendees section, click Edit.
5. On the Manage Materials page, click Upload Files or Add Web Links.
6. To upload files:
a. Click Browse to locate the file you want to upload.
b. Type a description (optional) that appears with the file title for attendees to see.
c. Click Upload Files.
7. To add a Web link:
a. Type the URL, a name (optional) and a description (optional).
b. Click Test Link to confirm the URL you entered.
c. Click Save Web Links.
8. To view the materials page as attendees see it, click View Attendees' Materials Page.
Note: Materials added to one training session of a recurring training session appear in all training sessions. If a new training session is created using Copy this training, materials added in one training session appear in the copied training session and vice versa.
1. Click My Trainings in the left navigation.
2. Click the title of the training session you want to edit.
3. In the Materials for Attendees section, click Edit.
4. On the Manage Materials page click Edit or Remove next to the file or Web link you want to edit or remove.
On the Edit Material page you cannot edit the file or the filename, but you can change the description of the material.
5. Click Save.
Materials can be uploaded and provided to attendees during a training session and made available to attendees following a training session. Links to the materials are provided in the confirmation and optionally can be provided in follow-up emails.
The Materials pane lists materials in the order in which they were uploaded.
A GoToTraining attendee who has been promoted to presenter can upload files while a training session is in progress by clicking Manage Materials on the Materials pane.
During a training session both you and the attendees can save materials from the Control Panel without opening a browser.
1. On the Control Panel, open the Materials section.
2. Click Manage Materials.
The Manage Materials page appears (you may be asked to log into your account). If you are presenting, screen sharing is automatically paused.
3. Click the title of the materials you want to save, open or edit.
Note: You can only edit descriptions of file names or websites; you cannot edit the file or URL.
a. Click the file name.
b. Select how you want the file opened or if you want it saved. If saved, it is downloaded to your computer.
c. Click Edit to change the file description.
For web links:
a. Click the website link.
b. A browser window opens at the site.
c., You can save the link from the browser window.
4. After making your changes, click Save.
Your new or updated materials appear in the Materials pane.