Find an Answer
When you connect to a host computer, a GoToMyPC installation package (including applications and plugins) will be downloaded onto your computer. By leaving the applications installed and the plugin enabled, you will be able to connect to hosts more quickly in the future by avoiding the extended download process.
The installation package includes the following components:
GoToMyPC desktop application
This is the main software that you use to connect to host computers.
This "helper" application is required to install and launch the GoToMyPC desktop application. It must be installed on the computer, even if the GoToMyPC application is already installed.
Note: These instructions apply to users connecting from a Windows client only; also see Connect to a Host (from Mac) for more information.
1. On the My Computers page, click the Connect button next to the desired computer.
- If the Opener application is not installed (either first time joining or it was removed), then the GoToMyPC Opener.exe file will automatically start downloading. Continue to Step #2.
- If the Opener application is already installed, then some or all of the following steps will be skipped. The web browser will automatically start the Opener app, which will then launch the GoToMyPC application (or install it again, if needed). You will automatically be launched into session.
2. The GoToMyPC Opener.exe file will automatically begin downloading. Depending on which web browser you are running, you can complete the download as follows:
- Click Save File when prompted by the "Opening GoToMyPC Opener.exe" dialog (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- Click the Downloads button in the browser toolbar, and then select the "GoToMyPC Opener.exe" file.
- Click Run when prompted.
- When the download finishes, click the GoToMyPC Opener file.exe button at the bottom of the page to open the file (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- Click GoToMyPC Opener.exe when prompted.
- Click Save and then Run when prompted (click the launch GoToMyPC again link in the browser window if needed).
3. The GoToMyPC Launcher application will be automatically installed and launched.
Once the download is done, you will be able to connect to host computers even more quickly in the future!
Note: If you remove the Opener application at a later time, you'll need to go through the entire download process again. We don’t recommend that you do this if you frequently connect remotely, as you will lose the benefit of faster connection times.