Find an Answer
When you connect to a host computer, a GoToMyPC installation package (including applications and plugins) will be downloaded onto your computer. By leaving the applications installed, you will be able to connect to hosts more quickly in the future by avoiding the extended download process.
The installation package includes the following components:
GoToMyPC desktop application:
This is the main software that you use to connect to host computers.
GoTo Opener application:
This "helper" application is required to install and launch the GoToMyPC desktop application. It must be installed on the computer, even if the GoToMyPC application is already installed.
Note: These instructions apply to users connecting from a Mac client only; also see Connect to a Host (from Windows) for more information.
1. On the My Computers page, click the Connect button next to the desired computer.
- If the GoTo Opener application is not installed (either first time joining or it was removed), then the GoTo Opener.dmg file will automatically start downloading. Continue to Step #2.
- If the Opener application is already installed, then some or all of the following steps will be skipped. The web browser will automatically start the Opener app, which will then launch the GoToMyPC application (or install it again, if needed). You will automatically be launched into session.
Note: If you remove the Opener application at a later time, you'll need to go through the entire download process again. We don’t recommend that you do this if you frequently connect remotely, as you will lose the benefit of faster connection times.
2. If the Opener application is not already installed, the GoTo Opener.dmg file will automatically begin downloading. Depending on which web browser you are running, you can complete the download as follows:
- Double-click the "GoTo Opener" file in the browser’s Downloads window (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- Select "Open with" then click OK when prompted (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- When the download finishes, click GoTo Opener.dmg file.zip at the bottom of the page to open the file (you may need to refresh the page and/or click download & run GoToMyPC).
3. When the GoTo Opener window opens, double-click the Opener icon .
4. You will see a message noting that "GoTo Opener" is an application downloaded from the internet. Enable the "Don't warn me [...]" check box, then click Open to continue.
The GoToMyPC application will then finish downloading and automatically launch. Once the download is done, you will be able to connect to host computers even more quickly in the future!