GoToMyPC provides stringent built-in security features so that you can
confidently access your PC from anywhere.
For added security, here are
a few things you can do.
1. Keep your password and access code secure
- Maintain strong password security
to protect your GoToMyPC account and host PC. Don't share your password
with anyone, and change
your password regularly. PC users can change
your access code from the host by right-clicking the system tray icon and selecting Change Access Code. Mac users should click the icon in the Mac menu bar and select Change Access Code.
choosing your passwords, do not use common or easily guessed words. For
the highest level of security, keep your account password and host computer access
- When using shared or public computers, do not use the GoToMyPC Remember Me feature to log in automatically.
Additionally, do not use your web browser's auto-complete
- Use the One-Time
Passwords feature for additional protection when traveling and using
2. Protect your host computer when remotely connected
- Use the Blank
Host PC Screen feature to prevent someone at your host computer from viewing
- Use the Lock Host Keyboard and Mouse feature to
prevent others from using your host computer mouse and keyboard when you are
remotely connected .
- Set the Viewer Security Time-Out feature to 10 minutes or earlier to minimize the chance of someone accessing your host if you step away from your client computer. The default is 15 minutes of inactivity for PC users and 30 for Mac users.
Note: These preference settings are not currently available for Mac users.
3. Use safety features when inviting
- Choose the expiration period for each invitation
so you know when to be available for your guest to arrive. The invitation
expires if the guest does not connect to your host PC within your designated
period, so your guest cannot
attempt to connect when you are away from your computer.
- Choose the level of access to grant your invited
guests. To limit a guest's access to your computer, grant view-only control.
Alternatively, you can allow full control of your keyboard and mouse.
4. Completely disconnect
- Make sure to completely disconnect when you are
finished by closing the Viewer and logging out of the GoToMyPC website.
- Do not leave the client computer
while you are remotely connected to your host Mac or PC.
- Close any sensitive
documents or programs before you disconnect.
- Set GoToMyPC to automatically lock your
host computer when you end your session. This prevents someone at your host
PC from using your computer after you have disconnected. PC users can enable this feature
from the Security
tab of GoToMyPC Preferences.
Although GoToMyPC has built-in protection features, your best protection
is to simply not give out or compromise your user-name, password or computer
Protecting the Data Stream during a Session
Change Account Password
Change Access Code