Find an Answer
If your computer is protected by Norton and you are experiencing connection issues then your firewall may be preventing a connection. To safely configure your firewall please locate your version of Norton and follow the instructions.
If after following these instructions you still have firewall-related issues, then Norton Support may be able to provide assistance.
Since the release of GoToMyPC version 7.0, many users have reported issues with older versions of Norton and Symantec security software. If you have a Norton or Symantec product from 2006 or earlier on either your host or client computer, GoToMyPC may not be able to connect. IF you experience problems, we do not recommend attempting to configure these types of security software to allow GoToMyPC connections. Citrix recommends that you either upgrade to the current version of your Norton or Symantec security software or use a free alternative such as Microsoft Security Essentials.
1. Open the Norton Internet Security console.
2. On the Network tab, click the Settings (a) button.
2. Scroll down to Smart Firewall and then click Configure (b) next to Program Control.
3. Find GoToMyPC Communications, select Allow (c) from the drop-down menu and click Apply. (d)
4. If you cannot find GoToMyPC in the list of programs, click Add, navigate to the files and add them using these steps.
1. Open the Norton Internet Security 2007 console and then click the Settings tab.
2. Click Personal Firewall and then click Configure. (a)
3. Click Program Control (b) in the left menu.
4. Scroll to and select Citrix Online Communication.
5. Click Modify. (c)
6. Select a rule (d) and then click Modify. (e)
7. Set to Allow Connections to and from This Computer and then click OK. (f)
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each rule listed.
9. Click Apply.
10. If you cannot find GoToMyPC in the list of programs, click Add, navigate to the files, and add them using these steps.
1. Open the Norton 360 3.0 console.
2. Click the PC Security tab.
3. Click Manage Firewall. (a)
4. Scroll down to GoToMyPC Communications, select Allow (b) from the drop-down menu and click Apply. (c)
5. If you cannot find GoToMyPC in the list of programs, click Add, navigate to the files, and add them using these steps.
With most versions of Norton or Symantec security software, you must open the program to see the version you have.
With some Symantec products, you can find the version number by right-clicking the system tray icon and click About.