The Remote Sound feature allows PC users to enjoy one-way sound from their host PC to their client PC.
Adjustments to your in-session sound settings
can be made directly from the Viewer window or in your GoToMyPC preferences.
This feature is not available for Mac computers.
modify your sound preferences
- Click the Sound
button in the upper right-hand corner of the Viewer window.
- Select Sound Settings from the menu.
- From the Sound
tab, modify your sound settings as desired and click OK.
When My Session Starts:
- Turn Off Sound: Select this option to optimize performance.
- Use Low Quality Sound: Enables lower quality sound for better performance.
- Use High Quality Sound: Select this option if you intend to listen to music.
Note: Sound is not available with the Universal Viewer.
- GoToMyPC will transmit sound from: Select your preferred audio source or let GoToMyPC detect the source automatically.
- Automatically disable sound if my Internet connection is slow: This option automatically disables the Sound feature if a slow network connection is detected. If the network performance improves, you will need to manually enable the Sound feature.
- Mute speakers while in-session: Leave this option checked for in-session privacy.
Please see Troubleshooting
Sound Issues for more information on the Remote Sound feature.
Note: If you are listening to music from your host
PC, be sure to stop the music before disconnecting your session. After disconnection, the music will
no longer be muted and could be heard by anyone close to your host PC.