Set Up a Host Computer
To access your host computer remotely, follow the steps described below.
Before you can access your Mac or Windows PC remotely, you will need to do the following:
To install the GoToMyPC, you will need to be physically present at the computer you want to remotely access (called the host computer) and know the email address and password you used to register.
Note: For full functionality, GoToMyPC needs to be installed with Administrator Rights. Contact your administrator if you need assistance.
Remotely Access Your PC
Leaving the Host Mac or PC Accessible
Create Your Account (first-time users only)
To create a personal GoToMyPC account
- Open your web browser and go to www.GoToMyPC.com.
- Click the Try It Free or Buy It Now button.
- Enter your name and email information and then click Continue.
- Create a new account password with at least eight characters using both letters and numbers and then click Continue.
- Enter your billing information and then click Get Free Trial or Buy Now.
To create a GoToMyPC Corporate or Pro account
- Open the email from your company administrator inviting you to set up your GoToMyPC Corporate or Pro account.
- Click the link in the email to activate your account.
- Enter your first and last name, create and confirm your account password and click Submit.
Set Up a Host PC
To set up a host Mac or Windows PC for remote access
- Go to the Mac or Windows PC you want to access remotely (called your host computer).
- Open your web browser window and go to www.GoToMyPC.com.
- Enter your email address and account password and click Log In.
- Click Install GoToMyPC. If you have already installed GoToMyPC on one computer and have seats available for additional computers, click Add Computer.
- Click Trust, Yes, Allow or Grant to begin downloading GoToMyPC.
Note: If you are using security or firewall software, you must permanently allow GoToMyPC to connect to the Internet. See Using GoToMyPC with Firewalls for more information.
Note: If you are a GoToMyPC Corporate user in an environment that requires authentication to access the Internet, you will be prompted to enter your GoToMyPC Corporate account login information during setup.
- Click Continue or Next at the Welcome screen begin installation.
- If prompted, select an install location and then click Install.
- Mac: When prompted, enter your Mac log-in password. This is the password you normally use to install new Mac software and is not a GoToMyPC password.
- Windows: If prompted, restart your computer.
- Enter your email address and account password (these are the same that you used to log in to the GoToMyPC website ) and click Continue.
- If prompted, select the GoToMyPC account to which this computer should belong.
- Create a nickname for the computer and click Continue.
- Create an access code for the computer and click Continue.
Note:If you forget your access code or wish to change it, you can quickly create a new one from your host computer. Please see Forgot Your Access Code for details.
Note: For the highest level of security we recommend that your access code be different from your account password.
Once successfully installed, GoToMyPC can be accessed from your menu bar or system tray.
- Mac: The GoToMyPC icon appears at the top right of your screen in the menu bar.
- Windows: The GoToMyPC icon appears in the system tray at the right end of your task bar.