HDFaces Video Conferencing
GoToMeeting with HDFaces is a high-definition video conferencing technology that combines screen sharing, audio conferencing and video conferencing. Meeting participants can share up to 6 high-resolution video conferencing streams while viewing the presenter's screen. A resizable viewer and customizable layouts allow you to adapt to numerous monitor and projection configurations. HDFaces is included with GoToMeeting at no additional cost. All you need is an Internet connection and a webcam to begin enjoying a telepresence-quality experience!
Upgrade to GoToMeeting with HDFaces
HDFaces Web Conferencing General FAQs
HDFaces Troubleshooting FAQs
The Organizer Control Panel
Share or stop webcams from the Control Panel
You and your attendees can share webcams in any of the following ways:
- Click the webcam icon on the Grab Tab.
- Click the Share My Webcam button in the Webcam pane on the Control Panel.
- Select Share My Webcam from the Webcams drop-down menu.
- Click the webcam icon next to your name in the Attendee List (Windows-only).
- Right-click your own name in the Attendee List and select Share My Webcam.
Organizers can send Share Webcam Requests to attendees in any of the following ways:
- Click the Webcam column on the Attendee List.
- Right-click an attendee's name from the Attendee List and select Send Webcam Request from the drop-down menu.
Organizers can turn off attendee webcams in any of the following ways:
- Click the green webcam button next to an attendee's name. Attendees will see a yellow tip or dialog indicating that the organizer has closed their webcam feed.
- Right-click an attendee's name from the Attendee list and select Stop Webcam Sharing.
Manage your webcam from your video feed
Temporarily Pause/Play your video by selecting the Pause or Play button on the top-right corner of your webcam feed. (a)
- Resize the webcam viewer and screen sharing using the slider. You can click and drag any part of the slider to adjust the display. (b)
- When only webcams are being shared, participants can resize webcams by clicking and dragging the bottom-right corner of the Viewer. Expand and minimize how webcams and/or screen sharing is displayed by clicking and dragging the bottom-right corner of the viewer. If only webcams are being shared (not screen sharing), you can adjust the size and position of the webcam viewer by using the Webcams drop-down menu and selecting one of the following Webcam Positions: Top, Left, Bottom, Right.
Toggle the webcam layouts
Attendees can change the webcam position from the Webcams drop-down menu located in the top-left corner of the viewer or the Webcam pane in the Control Panel (only available when both webcams and screen sharing are enabled).
- Share My Webcam - Shares your own webcam.
- Stop Sharing My Webcam - Stops broadcasting your own webcam.
- Hide Webcams - Hides the webcam viewer but still broadcasts your webcam feed to other attendees.
- Always in Front - Keeps webcams on top of all other applications and windows (only available for Windows organizers and all Mac participants). Hiding webcams decrease bandwidth consumption.
Remove webcams for all participants
From the Options menu, organizers can uncheck the Attendees Can Share Webcams setting to remove the option for all meeting participants to share webcams.
Manage your webcam settings
Click the File menu and select Preferences, or right-click the GoToMeeting daisy icon from your system tray and select Preferences. Preferences can also be found on the Webcams drop-down menu in the Webcam pane or viewer.
- From the Preferences window, select the Webcam option from the left navigation to view the following:
- Your camera - Shows the make and model of your detected webcam.
- Select a display format - Adjusts the aspect ratios of webcam feeds. 4:3 is the normal display and 16:9 is the widescreen display.
- Advanced - Modifies your hardware settings from within GoToMeeting. Customizable options depend on your webcam manufacturer.