Edit a Recorded GoToMeeting Recording
Since GoToMeeting does not include editing software, a third-party editing tool such as TechSmith Camtasia® is needed to edit your recorded meeting or Webinar. Before you can edit the recording however, you will first need to re-encode the file with a tool such as Microsoft's Expression Encoder®.
Re-encode with Expression Encoder
To download and install Microsoft's Expression Encoder
- Click this link: Expression Encoder.
- Click Download on the Microsoft Expression Encoder web page.
- Click Run or Install at the prompt.
- Click Run at the Security Warning prompt.
- Follow the Setup Wizard to complete installation.
To re-encode your recording using Expression Encoder
- Open Expression Encoder.
- From the File menu, select Import and navigate to your recording.
- Locate the Encode tab on the right-side of your screen and expand the Video pane.
- Configure the settings as needed but we recommend setting the Video Output Format to VC-1 Main.
- We also recommend setting Size Mode and Video Aspect Ratio to Source.
- Select the Output tab and choose a location for the saved file.
- From the File menu, select Encode.
Processing time will depend on length of recording, output settings and your system hardware. Once re-encoded the file is ready for editing.