Find an Answer
GoToMeeting creates 1 recording file per meeting. If you stop and start a recording during the course of a meeting, each recorded segment will be appended to the recording file in progress for that meeting.
To replay a meeting recorded on a Windows in the GoToMeeting format
1. If you haven't already, end the meeting that you are recording and GoToMeeting will automatically save your file with the date and time noted after the name that you gave the meeting upon scheduling it. Impromptu meetings will be named with the date and time of the meeting followed by Meet Now.
2. Navigate to the directory that is listed in the Save in: field under the Preferences Recording tab.
3. Click the file name to start the replay.
4. Press Alt and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to maximize the Viewer Window for best replay quality.
Note: You must have GoToMeeting installed, or download the GoToMeeting codec to view a meeting recorded in the GoToMeeting format. Learn how to install the GoToMeeting codec.
To replay a meeting recorded on a Windows in the Windows Media format
1. If you haven't already, end the meeting that you are recording.
2. GoToMeeting will save your file with the name that you gave the meeting upon scheduling it or Meet Now plus the date and time of the meeting and will immediately begin converting the recording file into the Windows Media format.
3. Upon completion of the conversion process, navigate to the directory that is listed as the Save in: field under the Preferences Recording tab.
4. Click the file name to start the replay.
5. Press Alt and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to maximize the Viewer Window for best replay quality.
Note: The conversion process begins automatically, immediately after you end a recorded meeting in the Windows Media format. Allow time for the conversion to take place. The time needed is dependant upon video content, CPU speed and amount of memory available. Due to the use of CPU resources, you may have to wait until the conversion process is complete to resume use of the computer. GoToMeeting converts the recorded meeting into a Windows Media Player file after the meeting is over, instead of recording directly to Windows Media format. This ensures that, the impact on CPU resources doesn't bog down the computer during the meeting.
Note: Playing a recorded meeting back before ending the meeting may cause abnormal playback behavior. Be sure to end the meeting before playing it back.
To replay a meeting recorded on a Mac in .MP4 format
1. After converting your recording using the GoToMeeting Recording Manager, either click the Magnifying Glass icon next to a converted recording or click Open Recordings Folder to open the location where your converted recordings are stored (by default recordings are stored in /Users/<current user>/Documents/Recordings).
2. You can play the recording on a Mac by double-clicking the .MP4 file in Finder. You can share the .MP4 file via email, YouTube, Vimeo, etc., and anyone can view it.