Find an Answer
The GoToMeeting Extension for Google calendar allows you to schedule and update meetings directly from your Google calendar in a browser or on a mobile device. You can then email meeting invitations and updates directly to the invitees.
Meetings are scheduled in 'meeting rooms,' which are available to assign to any event you create. They support recurring meetings or individual sessions. The meeting rooms update with meetings you have defined in your GoToMeeting or GoToMeet.Me account. Any change to a meeting is automatically created in the same meeting room.
1. Go to extension in the Chrome Store.
2. Click the +Free button next to “GoToMeeting Extension for Google Calendar"
3. Click Add.
4. The extension is automatically installed and ready to use. To double-check, go to Chrome Tools Extensions and make sure it is listed and checked as “Enabled.”
1. In your calendar, do any of the following to create an event:
• Click the desired time slot and select Edit event.
• Select a time slot and click Create in the left navigation.
2. If you are not signed into GoToMeeting, click the Sign-In button..
3.You are prompted to sign in to your GoToMeeting account.
4. The meeting room list automatically updates with meetings you have defined in your GoToMeeting or GoToMeet.Me account. To assign the event to a GoToMeeting meeting room, select the room in the drop-down list and click Add.
5. The GoToMeeting session information will be automatically added to the description of the event.
6. To invite attendees to your meeting, enter email addresses into the “Add guests” box and click Add. You can also add video to the meeting by selecting Add video call.
7. Click Save to save the event and guests. To send the meeting invitation to guests, click Send on the “Send invitations?” pop-up.
8. You can update a meeting from a browser or mobile device (See "System Requirements "). The change is replicated through all your synchronized calendars, and automatically moved to the new date and time in GoToMeeting. Anytime you update a meeting, email notices go out to the invited attendees. Updates include:
- Adding or removing invitees
- Changing the scheduled meeting time
- Changing the meeting room
9. If you are working on a public or shared computer, you can choose Sign Out when you are finished adding or updating the event to protect your privacy.
A meeting room is a placeholder for a meeting session. It is available to be assigned to a scheduled event or joined by invited participants. There is no start or end time defined and the room can be used once, sporadically, or on a recurring basis. Each room has a name, and has audio mode settings.
1. Open any calendar event and click Create new meeting room in the GoToMeeting frame.
2. In the meeting room dialog, enter a name for the room and select the Audio mode:
- Conference call number - Uses conferencing numbers for the countries you have selected in GoToMeeting admin.
- VoIP – Uses microphone and speakers to connect to audio through their computer.
- VoIP & conference call number - Allows either type of audio.
- Own conference - Creates the meeting using the numbers for the countries you have selected in GoToMeeting admin, but you can change the numbers in the meeting admin page.
3. Click Create. The new meeting room appears in the list for this, or any other event.
4. Click Add to add the new meeting room to the current calendar event.
1. On your calendar, find the meeting you would like to remove and click on it.
2. Click Delete.