Find an Answer
You can choose which users on your account can use Remote Support and who cannot. When you enable Remote Support for a user, you assign one of the allotted Remote Support seats on the account, which makes the user a Remote Support technician. This allows them to use the Remote Support desktop application to provide technical support to customers and unattended machines.
When you disable Remote Support for a user, their access to the Remote Support desktop application will be removed (but their access to the web application will remain), and the Remote Support seat will become available for you to assign to another user.
Enable or Disable Remote Support Seats
1. Log in at https://app.gotoassist.com.
2. In the top navigation, go to Configure > Users & Permissions.
3. Select the user for whom you want to enable or disable Remote Support, and click Edit.
4. On the Remote Support tab, select the appropriate check boxes:
- Allow Remote Support – Selecting this check box will make the user a Remote Support technician by giving them one of the Remote Support seats purchased for the account. This allows the technician to provide support through the GoToAssist Expert desktop application.
- Allow Support Center Access – Selecting this check box allows the technician to also provide support through the Support Center.
- Allow iOS Mobile Device Support – Selecting this check box allows the technician to also upload iOS Configuration Profiles while providing support through the Support Center.
5. Click Save when finished. On the Users & Permissions page, Checkmark icons indicate which users have access to Remote Support seats.