Find an Answer
Once your customers submit their support requests, you can use the Support Center to manage and address those requests.
Topics in this article:
1. Log in at http://app.gotoassist.com.
2. Open the Support Center in either of the following ways:
- Go to Remote Support > Support Center in the top navigation.
- Click Resolve support requests on the Remote Support home page.
When a customer submits a request using a customized portal, you receive a notification (via the method(s) you selected in the Chat Requests menu). If you are currently logged in to the Remote Support web application, you will also hear a chime. You can then address customers' requests in the following way.
Assign a Request and Join Chat Session
1. Click the link in your notification email, or go to Remote Support > Support Center.
2. All unassigned requests for the Company appear in the Support Requests pane. Select the one you want to address, then click Assign to Me in the Details pane.
3. Once the support request is assigned to you, the Details pane displays the following options:
- Upload Profile – See See "Send iOS Configuration Profiles through Customer-Initiated Support" for more information.
- Select iOS Profile – See See "Send iOS Configuration Profiles through Customer-Initiated Support" for more information.
- Unassign – Unassign yourself ownership of the support request, which returns it to the Support Requests pane marked as "unassigned."
- Join Chat – Start chatting with the customer.
4. Click Join Chat to start a chat session with the customer.
5. Once in a chat session, the following additional options become available:
- Request Screen Sharing – See See "Escalating Chat Sessions to Screen-Sharing Sessions" below.
- Upload File – See See "Upload Files through Customer-Initiated Support" for more information.
- End Chat – Stop chatting with the customer.
6. Click End Chat to stop chatting with the customer.You can then See "Send iOS Configuration Profiles through Customer-Initiated Support", or click Close Request to mark the request as completed.
If the customer’s issue can’t be resolved through Chat alone, you can escalate to a full Attended Support Session with the GoToAssist Expert application.
Escalate from chat session to screen-sharing session
1. In the Details Pane, click Request Screen Sharing. In the Screen Sharing window, click Launch GoToAssist.
2. The GoToAssist Expert application will launch, and the customer will see a notification that the technician wants to see their screen. Customers can click Share My Screen to continue and then click Launch GoToAssist to launch directly into session.
3. Once finished with the screen-sharing support session, return to the Support Center and click End Chat > Close Request to mark the request as complete.
You can support multiple customers simultaneously in the Support Center. To do so, click entries in the My Support Requests pane that are marked “In Progress” in the Status column, which will open that support request’s information in the Support Request pane on the right.To return to the previous customer, simply click the customer's support request again.