Find an Answer
Zendesk is a web-based help desk software system with a support ticket system and a self-service customer support platform. You can extend and expedite your handling of support tickets by integrating Zendesk with GoToAssist Monitoring. By doing so you will be able to more easily pinpoint and address a customer's problem, because your integrated GoToAssist system automatically queries for pertinent IT data about the requester and the hardware and software used while you respond to your help desk tickets.
By integrating your Zendesk account with GoToAssist using the Zendesk application, you can build your own support workflow with all the tools of both Zendesk and Monitoring at your fingertips. This includes customer request web forms, community architecture, knowledge base repository, and more, all of which you can access from any device in any location.
Note: You must first install the Zendesk application before you can access and use it.
Topics in this article:
To set up the Zendesk application for optimal performance, you'll need to complete the following steps:
1. Create a Zendesk account (if you don't already have one).
2. Create a JavaScirpt widget.
3. Configure your Zendesk application.
Below are the details for each of the set-up steps listed above:
You will need a Zendesk account in order to use Monitoring's Zendesk application. If you already have an account, you can skip Step 1.
1. Log in to your Zendesk account using your private Zendesk URL (see Login Support for help).
2. Click Settings in the menu and select Extensions from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Once you've created your View widget, you can integrate it into Monitoring's Zendesk application.
2. In the text field at the bottom of the "Configuring Zendesk to work with GoToAssist" section, enter your Zendesk domain name (noted in Step 2 of Create a Zendesk Account). Click Save.
The page will reload and display your Zendesk account pages embedded in the Zendesk application. You can now access your Zendesk account by opening Monitoring's Zendesk application, rather than logging in to your private Zendesk URL.
3. You can change the domain name entered in Step 2 at any time by clicking the Configure Zendesk application link at the bottom of the page.
Once you've set up your Zendesk application, you have all the benefits of both accounts:
See Zendesk's support documentation for more information about using Zendesk.