Find an Answer
Do you have software on the network that's gathering dust?
Should you redeploy software that's underutilized?
Can you save $$ by renewing only the licenses you really need?
These are some of the questions that GoToAssist can help you answer. Do you have software installed on your network that no one is using? An easy way to find out is to conduct a simple, click-to-keep search, described below. Or click here to run a saved Audit Software search right from this page.
The Audit Software search looks for what software is installed on your network, where it is installed, and who uses the computer it is installed on, as well as other relevant details. If you see the name of a person who left your company in the results, then you may have software — maybe licenses and hardware too — that are being underutilized.
You can also find this information by conducting a broad search with words in plain English, and then refining it to find precisely what you want. Do this by simply clicking the results that you want to keep.
1. Start with a word or phrase — In the Search field at the top of any page in your GoToAssist Web account, type a word or phrase such as software, and click Go. A list of general links that contain the search term appears, similar to this example:
2. Hone in — Under Tools in the upper right of any row, click Show details to see what subcategories are possible:
3. Notice that a query appears in the search field at the top of the page:
4. Click to keep relevant data — Click the gray subcategories that are most important to you, then click Add Column to Table. This filters out irrelevant data and puts relevant data into a table format. Continue to click to keep until you have all the data you want for the table. In this example, the susclientid subcategory will become a column in the table:
5. Generate the table — When you have chosen all the columns of data you want, click Create Table:
Note: The results show a table with only one row.
6. Identify the target — Since you want to find all of the software, not just this one, you must broaden the search. At the very end of the query in the search field at the top of the page, delete the WHERE clause, and run the search again:
With the shortened query, the results now show what's relevant to you about all the software discovered on the network.
7. Save the table — To save the table and post it to a dashboard, click Share this search in the upper right. See also dashboards.
You can create a dashboard to display top-priority information at a glance — a virtual Network Operation Center (NOC). And as your GoToAssist Crawler reports fresh data from periodic scans, your Dashboard self-updates.
It's simple: when you have a search that's a keeper, click the Search menu and pick Add to Dashboard to post the search to a dashboard for easy reference. Set up as many dashboards as you like.
If you’re curious, there are lots more examples of GoToAssist searches. If you’re new to GoToAssist, get acquainted with the basic search capabilities. If you’re a power user, check out the advanced search options.