Find an Answer
One way to participate in the GoToAssist community is to have fun with your User Profile, the tag by which other GoToAssist users know you. Find your User Profile by opening the GoToAssist main menu, and clicking Community.
Topics in this article:
Your tag contains your handle (the name you want to be known by), your avatar (the image you want to represent you), and your ranking. It contains some other tidbits too, such as how long you've been using GoToAssist, and how many posts you've made.
Your most recent posts are listed on your Profile Page. To see this page, click your handle on the tag in the upper right corner of the Community page. Your Profile Page also shows how many searches, dashboards, and other Share-its you have contributed, as well as the total number of posts. All of these help toward your ranking as a member of the GoToAssist community.
You can enter your profile information on the Edit Profile page. Your GoToAssist tag appears on the upper right corner of this page, and serves as your public face by which your fellow GoToAssist users can recognize you. You can give yourself a handle and an avatar, and share things about yourself, such as your favorite blog or technology.
To manage your GoToAssist profile:
1. In the upper right, notice the tag that identifies you on GoToAssist, and displays your current ranking.
2. In the navigation box on the left, click the Community button.
3. In the upper right corner of the Community page, click the Edit Profile.
4. In the navigation box on the left, click the Community button.
5. Under Handle, enter a name or nickname by which you are known to the GoToAssist community. It can be your real name, or something made up.
6. Under Avatar, choose one of the following options:
- Under Upload an Image, browse for an image and upload it to be your avatar. It will be resized to 50 by 50 pixels.
- Under Use a Gravatar, click the Gravatar link and create an image to appear on your tag as your avatar. The email address you registered with GoToAssist will be used to load your Gravatar.
7. Under My Website, share the URL to your favorite website.
8. Under My Blog, share the URL to your favorite blog.
9. Under Favorite Technology, share the URL to your favorite technology.
10. Under Least Favorite Technology, share the URL to your least favorite technology.
Your rank appears on your GoToAssist tag. Since your rank is influenced by your participation in GoToAssist, you can climb the ranking ladder by contributing Share-its such as searches, posts, and more.