Find an Answer
GoToAssist forums include articles, discussions, blogs, and comments about GoToAssist share-its. Share-its are saved searches, dashboards, alerts, plugins, and more, that are saved by members of the GoToAssist community for anyone to use. Post questions to other IT professionals who may have dealt with the same challenges that you encounter.
Topics in this article:
To see the available GoToAssist forums and discussions:
1. In the left-hand navigation box on any page of your GoToAssist web account, click Community:
2. On the Community page under Forums, choose from the following topics:
- Using GoToAssist — Ask questions about and discuss the care and feeding of your GoToAssist account
- Share-it Discussions — Use share-its that other GoToAssist users have contributed, and report on their qualities. When you point out why a Share-it works or doesn't work, everyone benefits. You can modify a Share-it and, if you think your modification has general appeal, save your changes up to the community. Then let every know about it so they can discuss it too.
- General Discussions — Pose general questions, opinions, or requests to the community.
- Blogs — Start your own blog and see what happens.
To search for a forum or blog about a specific topic:
1. In the Search bar at the top of your Community page, make sure that the Community option is selected:
2. Enter a word or phrase that is unique to the topic of interest, such as WMI to find articles or blogs that mention Windows Management Instrumentation, and then click the Search button.
The search results list any communications about your topic.
To start a discussion:
1. On the Community page under Forums, click a heading to expand it:
2. Under the desired heading, click the category to open it.
3. Within the category, click Start Discussion to begin.
4. In Create a new discussion topic, enter a subject for your discussion.
5. Under Preview, enter the text of your discussion.
6. Under Attachments, you can click Add Image or File to illustrate your point.
7. Click Publish to post your discussion to the community.
Your most recent posts appear on your Profile page. You can see them by clicking the handle link on your badge, in the upper right.