Find an Answer
Notifications are the messages that are sent to individuals when certain alerts are triggered. You can configure which events will trigger, which individuals will receive that notification and at what point they receive it.
You can use the Notifications pages to add, edit and delete notifications.
To access the Notifications page
1. Click Configure in the top navigation and select Configure Notifications from the drop-down menu.
When you add a new notification, it will also be added to the Notification drop-down menu on Parameters or Query tab while configuring alerts. You can click Create notification rules under the Notification drop-down menu to go to the Notifications page.
Note: Use Contacts to configure how each individual prefers to receive their notification.
To create a new notification
1. On the Notifications page, click Add Notification.
2. In the Add Notification window, provide the following information:
- Name – Provide a unique name to identify this notification rule.
- Description (optional) – Provide a brief description to remind yourself and others of the purpose of this notification.
- Send message on clear – Indicate if you want a message to be sent using the most recent action, as well as any repeating actions, when the alert clears.
- Applies to – Choose the company or group of companies this notification applies to.
3. Click Save.
4.You will then see an overview of your new notification, where you can continue to edit it. Follow the configuration steps to control how the notification will behave. You can modify these configurations at any time by editing the notification.
To delete a notification
1. On the Notifications page, click the row of the notification you want to delete so the it is highlighted.
2. Click Delete.
2. Click OK when prompted.
Once you create a notification, you can continue to configure its settings and actions from the notification's overview page. This includes adding escalation actions, which allow you to decide who receives a notification when an alert is triggered and at what point they receive it; you can set up as many escalation actions as you want per notification.
To access a notification's overview page
You can access a notification's overview page from the Notifications page in either of the following ways:
To edit notifications and add notification actions
1. On the notification's overview page, click Edit Notification Settings to modify the notification's Name, Description, "Send message on clear" setting and Applies to.
2. On the notification's overview page, click Add an Action.
3. In the Add Notification Action window, provide the following information:
- Send Notification – Choose how soon you want this notification action sent after the alert is triggered.
- Sent to – Use the checkboxes to select who you want to be notified for this notification action.
- Repeat Notification – Select this checkbox if you want to have the notification repeated until the alert clears, and then select how frequently you want it sent.
4. Click Save when finished. The action will appear in chronological order under Notification Actions. To add additional notification actions, click Add an Action again.