Find an Answer
Representatives can configure and save their HelpAlert Preferences so that they can share these settings with other representatives that log in to HelpAlert to host support sessions.
Note: The ability to save HelpAlert Preferences as a configuration file is a setting that must be enabled by a company or team manager. See Change Representative Settings for more information.
Once your desired HelpAlert Preferences are configured, you can save and distribute your settings as follows:
- While logged into HelpAlert, click Options.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Save as configuration file...
- Browse to the location on your computer where you would like to save the configuration file.
- Click Select.
- A configuration file called GoToAssistHelpAlert.ini will be placed in your saved location.
Once you have saved your HelpAlert Preferences within the configuration file, you can share it with other representatives as follows:
- Right-click on the GoToAssistHelpAlert.ini configuration file.
- Click Copy.
- Browse to the HelpAlert directory of the target machine (e.g., C:\Users\<username>\Downloads). This will be the same location where you can find the file GoToAssist_Corporate_HelpAlert.exe.
Note: If you created a desktop shortcut to launch HelpAlert, this does not mean your desktop is the target location. Please locate GoToAssist_Corporate_HelpAlert.exe on the target computer.
- Right-click within the HelpAlert directory and select Paste to add the configuration file to this location.
- Instruct the representative to log in to HelpAlert. If the representative was logged in when the configuration file was moved, instruct them to log out of HelpAlert then log back in.
- The representative's Preferences will now match all of the Preferences that were set by the original representative who created the configuration file.