Find an Answer
GoToAssist for BlackBerry® allows representatives to deliver live technical assistance to customers on the go. With quick and secure connections provided through GoToAssist, you can:
GoToAssist for BlackBerry is supported on all BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry 4.7 OS, 5 OS, 6 OS or 7 OS. See the full System Requirements.
Using HelpAlert, you can generate and send a Session URL to a BlackBerry device in an email. The customer can then click the link to download the GoToAssist starter file. Once downloaded, the customer can allow you to view and access the device’s screen.
To initiate a GoToAssist for BlackBerry support session
1. Log in to HelpAlert.
Note: If the List View doesn't immediately appear, right-click the HelpAlert icon in your system tray and select Show List View.
2. Click the Code Management icon to open the Code Management window.
3. Enter a name for the customer.
4. Enable the “Generate URL for a BlackBerry device” check box, and click Create Code.
5. Select the new code, and click Send Code via Email.
6. Enter the customer’s email address in the new mail message that opens, and click Send.
7. The customer should open the Session URL on their BlackBerry device and click Yes to approve Screen Sharing.
You can now view and control the customer’s device in the Viewer window.
Note: The GoToAssist Chat window that opens alongside the Viewer does not allow Chat. Instead, the Chat window displays session details, attendees and status messages.