Find an Answer
Manage the settings for the Chat box in the Preferences window.
1. Click the Preferences icon in the HelpAlert toolbar and select Chat.
2. Make the desired changes, as follows:
Chat Settings – In the representative Chat box, the customer tab is color-coded with increasing urgency to denote how much time has elapsed since you last typed and submitted text to the customer.
- Select how many seconds should elapse before the customer tab changes from green to yellow and then red .
- Enable or disable the Chat sound that plays each time you receive a new chat message.
- Select the default font size in which the chat text is displayed.
- View the maximum number of concurrent chats that a representative can be in.
Note: The "Maximum number of concurrent chats" setting can be configured by managers in the Management Center.
3. Click OK when finished.