Find an Answer
As an organizer, you have multiple options for scheduling your webinar. Below you can learn how to schedule directly from your online web account.
GoToWebinar offers multiple types of webinars to suit your needs, each of which offers different join experiences for attendees. Each time you schedule a webinar, you'll be able to choose which type you want to use. Learn more.
Classic webinars are fully interactive events that are hosted live by the organizer.
Webcast webinars are also fully interactive events that are hosted live by the organizer. Learn more.
Simulated Live webinars are semi-interactive, pre-recorded events that start automatically and run on their own, so organizers do not need to be present to host the webinar. Learn more.
The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan.
1. Log in to your account at https://global.gotowebinar.com.
3. Use the scheduling page to specify the details of your new webinar, as follows:
(a) Copy webinar – If you already have a scheduled webinar that's set up with Polls, Surveys, emails, and staff members, you can copy it into a newly scheduled webinar so that all your settings and customizations carry over. Learn more.
(b) Webinar title – Give your webinar a name, which will appear in the invitation and the webinar itself.
(c) Description – If desired, you can tell your attendees what to expect from your webinar using this field. It will appear in the webinar invitation and the registration page.
(d) Goal – What is the goal of your webinar? For now, the data from this field will be available to the GoToWebinar team only.
(e) Recurrence – How often do you want your webinar to occur? Use the drop-down menu to specify your session schedule – it could be on daily, weekly, or even a custom schedule. Just need a single session? Then leave it at "One session."
(f) Date/Time – Select the date and time of the meeting (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
(g) Timezone – The meeting timezone will automatically set to your computer's timezone. You can click the link if you'd like to change it (note that this option will not be available if you selected "Occurs multiple times").
(h) Language – Select the language of your webinar. Options include English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Chinese.
Simulated Live webinars are pre-recorded, which means that you must first host a classic or broadcast webinar and record it using online recording. Note that you are not required to have any attendees in the recorded webinar.
1. First, host a Classic or Webcast webinar using online recording.
- This webinar can be a live event that you already have scheduled, or you can run and record a webinar with no attendees for the sole purpose of replaying it as a Simulated Live webinar later.
- Any polls, handouts or surveys that you use during the webinar will also be launched automatically during the Simulated Live session.
2. Log in to the Scheduling page at https://global.gotowebinar.com/schedule, or click Schedule a webinar in the left navigation.
3. Under "Choose a webinar type", select Simulated Live.
4. Use the drop-down menu to select the webinar that you hosted for Step #1. Note that if your webinar just ended, you will need to allow time for the online recording to fully process.
5. Once you select the past webinar, the recording will be automatically attached. You will then see most of the same options that are available when scheduling a Classic or Webcast webinar, including uploading handouts and managing registration settings.
Note that any polls run during the live session will be automatically launched during the Simulated Live playback, so you do not need to manually recreate them for this session. The same goes for any Surveys that were created for the original webinar.
6. The "Occurs" field allows you to select which type of Simulated Live webinar you want to use:
- To schedule your webinar to automatically start itself, select the desired date(s) and time.
- To make your webinar "on demand" so that attendees can watch it at any time, select "on demand" and then set an end date.