Find an Answer
You can test your internet connection ahead of time to ensure your session goes smoothly, or test it while in the session if you're experiencing technical difficulties.
By joining a test session from your computer or mobile device, you can help make sure that your real session will connect correctly.
1. To test your connection from a computer or mobile device, join the test session using the following URL:
2. You will automatically be launched into session. See Compare Join Methods for more information about desktop join methods.
3. If you see a "Waiting for Organizer" message, you've successfully joined the test session! You should be able to join all future GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining sessions from this computer.
4. Close the "Waiting for Organizer" dialog to exit the test session.
Note: If you're unable to join the session, you may not have all the necessary software. See Join Help and FAQs for more troubleshooting tips, and make sure you meet all the System Requirements for Attendees.
Does something feel off with your webinar session? You can use the Preferences window to test your GoToWebinar connection before or during a session to find out for sure.
1. Open Preferences.
2. Click Connection in the left navigation.
3. Under "Test your GoToMeeting connection", click Test Connection.
4. Under "Test Results", you'll see one of the following messages:
- Passed: You've established a connection.
- Fail: You haven't established a connection. See Join Help and FAQs for troubleshooting info.
Note: You may need to enter your Windows username and password or domain if you have a proxy that prevents you from connecting to GoToWebinar. If you don't have a proxy, please check to see that you have the minimum system requirements.
5. Click OK when finished.