Find an Answer
On-demand Sync requires specific group policy settings to configure. Refer to the attached group policy template files to configure the policies required to setup On-demand Sync.
This setup requires Citrix ShareFile Sync for Windows v.2.0 and above.
When a folder that is synchronized by ShareFile Sync is also synced to a Windows roaming profile, the two sync operations can cause conflicts. For this reason, it is recommended that the ShareFile folder not be synchronized to a user’s roaming profile.
This tool currently support Windows Integrated single-sign on authentication or ShareFile credentials.
1. Extract files within this zip to "%windir%\PolicyDefinitions". This folder is typically located under “C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions”
2. After extracting the files, verify that ShareFileOn-demand.admx is located in the PolicyDefinitions folder and ShareFileOn-demand.adml is located in the en-US folder.
3. Start gpedit.msc from the command prompt.
4. Navigate to Computer Configuration, ShareFile, Enterprise Sync node:
5. Configure the On-demandSyncDiskVolume policy to set the local sync path’s root drive:
6. An optional setting, On-demandSyncFolderReparse is available to enable or disable folder reparse points when using On-demand Sync v2.6 or greater
7. Navigate to User Configuration ->ShareFile ->Enterprise Sync node:
8. Configure the account information policy:
9. Select the authentication type:
10. Set the personal folder to use On-Demand Sync:
11. Optional policies are available to configure:
12. Install Citrix ShareFile Sync v2.0 or later.
13. Log the user off and login again.
Additional registry keys are available to further customize this feature but are not exposed on this sample admin template. All options are listed in this section:
Caution! Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
On-demandSyncDiskVolume (REG _SZ): This must match the LocalSyncFolder’s root drive letter in order to enable On-demandSyncDiskVolume (that is - "C:\")
On-demandSyncFolderReparse (REG_DWORD): Set this value to zero to disable folder reparse points.
For information on UPM and ShareFile exclusions, please see this article.