Find an Answer
OpenVoice is a reservation-less conferencing platform, as a meeting organizer you can hold meetings on your telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Scheduling is not required to make an OpenVoice conference call. Simply provide your participants with your OpenVoice dial-in information and you can start a call anytime.
You can schedule a conference for multiple participants using your Organizer login or by using your OpenVoice Outlook Plugin.
Note: The Invite & Schedule feature in OpenVoice does not sync with your calendar program. You will need to log in to your OpenVoice account to view scheduled conference information.
1. Log in to your OpenVoice account.
2. In the left navigation, click Invite & Schedule.
3. Enter your name and the subject for the meeting as you would like them to appear on conference invitations and click Schedule.
4. In the Details field, provide the participants with information about the conference call as you would like it to appear on the invitations. Then select the Date, Start Time, and the Estimated Duration of the conference call.
Note: The default timezone selected for the conference call is based on the timezone displayed on the computer from which you are scheduling your conference call. This is not linked to the timezone selected under the Personal Information section on the My Account page.
5. You can add participants by doing either or both of the following:
- Add Manually: Enter the name and email address of the contact(s) individually to add participants to your conference call
a. Enter the Contact Nameand Contact Email.
b. Click the Add More Participants button to display more fields to enter contacts and their email addresses.
c. Click the button to remove contacts.
d. To save this contact group for future calls, click the Save this contact group button. Enter the Group Name and click Save.
- Add from My Contacts: Select participants for your conference call from the My Contacts field.
a. In the My Contacts field, click the names of the contacts(s) you want to add. The contact’s name and email address will be automatically added to your participant list.
b. Click Save when you are finished.
Each participant will receive an email inviting them to the conference, and the scheduled meeting will appear under “Upcoming Conferences” on the Invite and Schedule page. In case this is a first time use for the recipient, the invitation email includes a link to download the app for the user's mobile device.
Note: You are not required to schedule a conference to use the service. However, as a best practice, it is recommended to schedule a conference in advance so that all participants can be notified with the conference call details.
If you want to invite additional participants, and you are not using the OpenVoice Outlook plugin, you can create a custom email signature that lists your OpenVoice dial-in number(s) and Conference Room ID. Use this signature when creating your calendar invites.
To schedule a conference as you create an appointment or meeting, start in your Outlook Calendar.
1. In your Outlook Calendar, click New Meeting or New Appointment. The OpenVoice Add Conference button appears in your menu bar.
2. Click Add Conference to create an OpenVoice invite you can send out to your invitees.
3. In the email, select the date and time of your meeting, add invitees email addresses and, if desired, change the subject of your invite.
4. Click Send to email your conference invitation.
Note: If this is a first time use for the recipient, the invitation email includes a link to download the app for the user's mobile device.
End a Conference