Find an Answer
Review solutions to frequently asked technical troubleshooting questions.
Echos on the conference can be caused by several reasons. Some of the reasons are use of cell phonea or speaker phones.
There are 2 ways to determine whose line could be causing this issue:
Note: You can determine the reason for the echo only when the conference is up and user is experiencing echo issue.
Using the web app
1. Log in with your organizer credentials.
2. Once logged on, go to the Web Controls page.
3. The organizer will see a list of each participant on the conference.
4. Press the Mute All button to mute all participants.
5. Start unmuting 1 participant at a time and have conversation with every participant as they are unmuted.
6. If the organizer or participant hears an echo or sound quality problem on that line, then that is the line causing the problem.
7. The organizer can ask the participant to mute his or her line (by pressing *2) so that the echo is not experienced during the conference, or to disconnect and reconnect for better line quality.
8. The organizer can also ask the participant to mute their telephone using their phone's muting feature.
Using phone commands
1. The organizer puts the conference in Mute All status by pressing *8 on his or her phone keypad. This will put the conference in All participants are muted but each participant may unmute him-or-herself mode.
2. Start asking each participant to unmute themselves by pressing *2
Note: The organizer will need to decide in which order the participants will be unmuted.
3. Have a conversation each time a participant is unmuted.
4. If the organizer or participant hears an echo or sound quality problem on that line, then that is the line causing the problem.
5. The organizer can ask the participant to mute his or her line (by pressing *2) so that the echo is not experienced, or to disconnect and reconnect for better line quality during the conference.
No, the best option is to put the conference in lecture mode or have the participants mute themselves until they need to speak.
Please contact our Global Customer Support for assistance immediately or within 24 hours of your conference call. The following information will be needed to properly troubleshoot your issue: