Find an Answer
When you connect to a host computer, a GoToMyPC installation package (including applications and plugins) will be downloaded onto your computer. By leaving the applications installed and the plugin enabled, you will be able to connect to hosts more quickly in the future by avoiding the extended download process.
The installation package includes the following components:
GoToMyPC desktop application
This is the main software that you use to connect to host computers.
GoToMyPC Launcher application
This "helper" application is required to install and launch the GoToMyPC desktop application. It must be installed on the computer, even if the GoToMyPC application is already installed.
Web Deployment browser plugin (optional)
This plugin allows your web browser to automatically start the Launcher application, which in turn launches the GoToMyPC application. Although disabling or blocking the plugin will not prevent you from joining meetings, our products work best if the plugin is allowed to run when the browser prompts by clicking Allow, Run this time or Trust.
Note: These instructions apply to users connecting from a Mac client only; also see Connect to a Host (from Windows) for more information.
1. On the My Computers page, click the Connect button next to the desired computer.
- If the Launcher application is not installed (either first time joining or it was removed), then the GoToMyPC Launcher.exe file will automatically start downloading. Continue to Step #2.
- If the Launcher application is already installed, then some or all of the following steps will be skipped. The web browser will automatically start the Launcher app, which will then launch the GoToMyPC application (or install it again, if needed). You will automatically be launched into session.
Note: If you remove the Launcher application at a later time, you'll need to go through the entire download process again. We don’t recommend that you do this if you frequently connect remotely, as you will lose the benefit of faster connection times.
2. If the Launcher application is not already installed, the Citrix Online Launcher.dmg file will automatically begin downloading. Depending on which web browser you are running, you can complete the download as follows:
- Double-click the "Citrix Online Launcher" file in the browser’s Downloads window (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- Select "Open with" then click OK when prompted (click the restart the download link in the browser window if needed).
- When the download finishes, click Citrix Online Launcher file.zip at the bottom of the page to open the file (you may need to refresh the page and/or click download & run GoToMyPC).
3. When the Citrix Online Launcher window opens, double-click the Launcher icon .
4. You will see a message noting that "Citrix Online Launcher" is an application downloaded from the internet. Enable the "Don't warn me [...]" check box, then click Open to continue.
The GoToMyPC application will then finish downloading and automatically launch. Once the download is done, you will be able to connect to host computers even more quickly in the future!