Find an Answer
GoToMyPC uses a "helper" application to launch you into active sessions. When you install the GoToMyPC software, this app is one of the components that is automatically included in the download package and is used to launch you into active sessions. Due to our recent merge with LogMeIn, Inc., all of our software (including this app) has undergone some changes.
When you start or join your next connection, the "helper" app will automatically update itself to the newest version (the GoTo Opener) and will uninstall the Web Deployment plugin. Because of this automatic process there is no need to change or uninstall it these items yourself as they will be automatically updated or removed. However, if you wish to uninstall them yourself your options are listed below.
Normally, this application is installed or updated automatically when you join or start sessions using your GoTo products. However, you can easily update the "helper" application to the GoTo Opener now by downloading it here.
Note that when you update to the newest version, the Web Deployment plugin will also be uninstalled.
Note that uninstalling this "helper" application is NOT recommended if you plan to connect to future GoToMyPC sessions, as it can create odd download behavior the next time you join a session. Instead, it is recommended that you update to the newest version of the app (the GoTo Opener).
However, if it is necessary for you to uninstall this application, you can do easily. Note that the process for uninstalling the desktop application from a computer varies depending on the computer's operating system. See your operating system's user manual for more information.
1. Open Programs and Features.
2. Right-click "Citrix Online Launcher".
3. Select Uninstall, then click Yes when prompted.
1. Open Finder.
2. Go to Macintosh HD > Users > admin > Applications > Utilities > CitrixOnline.
3. Right-click the CitrixOnlineLauncher file and select Move to Trash or drag the file to the Trash icon in the dock.
4. Right-click the Trash icon in the menu bar and select Empty Trash.
Note that there is no need for you to manually uninstall the plugin, as the next time the "helper" application updates itself, the Web Deployment plugin will be automatically removed. However, you can also remove it now if you'd prefer!
Windows and Mac (Mozilla Firefox):
1. Open a Firefox browser.
2. Select the Firefox menu on Windows and Tools menu on Mac, and click Add-ons.
3. In the Add-ons Manager, find Citrix Online Web Deployment Plugin and click Disable.
Windows and Mac (Google Chrome):
1. Open a Google Chrome browser and type in chrome://plugins into the address bar.
2. Find Citrix Online Web Deployment Plugin and click Disable.
1. Open Finder and select Command + Shift + G. This will launch the "Go to the folder" pop-up.
2. Type in ~Library/Internet Plug-Ins and click Go.
3. Select Citrix Online Web Deployment Plugin and either drag it to the Trash icon in your dock or right-click and select Move to Trash.