Find an Answer
If your computer is protected by CA and you are experiencing connection issues, then your firewall may be preventing a connection. In order to use GoToMyPC without disabling your firewall, follow these steps.
If after following these instructions you still have firewall- related issues, then CA Support may be able to provide assistance.
Click Apply. (f)
1. Double-click the CA icon in the system tray (normally the bottom right of your screen).
2. Click My Computer.
3. Click Update Settings. (a)
4. Scroll down and uncheck Use advanced heuristic scanning.
5. Scroll to Advanced Threat Exclusion.
6. Click Browse.
7. Click Paths.
8. Navigate to the Citrix program folder and exclude it from scanning.
9. Click Apply to save changes.
10. Uncheck Auto-scan and On-Demand. (b)
11. Click Apply. (c)
12. Click Scan.
13. Click View Scan Results. (d). You should see the files for GoToMyPC listed.
14. Click View Quarantine.
15. Check the box for GoToMyPC. (e)
16. Click Exclude. (f)
17. Uncheck the Auto-scan and On-demand boxes and then click OK.
18. Check the box for GoToMyPC.
19. Click Restore. (g)
20. Perform another scan. There should be no threats detected.
21. Check to see that the GoToMyPC files are still in the Citrix program folder.
22. Reboot and ensure that GoToMyPC is still installed on your computer.
You are now ready to use GoToMyPC with your CA Internet Security Suite firewall.
CA Security Center has multiple components. Depending on what you have enabled, you may have to configure your Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, and Personal Firewall components to allow GoToMyPC to function on your host computer.
If Real-time Scanner is enabled, repeat steps 4-7. (e)
Repeat steps 5-8 for the Real-time scanner. (o)
Try logging in to GoToMyPC.
If you still cannot log in