Find an Answer
When you log in to your GoToAssist Remote Support account, you will start with your Dashboard, where you can launch a new session, download unattended installers, and oversee your device groups and unattended machine statuses.
You can also select your user name in the top navigation and use the account drop-down menu to access the My Account page, Manage People & Devices (i.e., if your account has admin access), and Sign Out.
Topics in this article:
When you download the GoToAssist Expert desktop application (so that you can host support sessions), an installation package (including applications and plugins) will be downloaded onto your computer. By leaving the applications installed and the plugin enabled, you will be able to quickly and easily start support sessions and re-install the application, if needed.
- Click Start session to download & install the GoToAssist Remote Support agent desktop application.
By setting up unattended access, the GoToAssist Customer desktop application will be downloaded on the customer's computer, and the computer will be listed as a device within your device group (accessible from your Dashboard and Devices pages within the Web App) and within the Unattended Support computers list (using the agent application).
- Click Download.
- If you have 1 device group assigned to your account, the device group name will be displayed under "Device Group." If you have more than 1 device group assigned, use the drop-down menu to select your desired device group, where your unattended support computer (i.e., device) will populate once the installation is complete.
- Choose from 1 of the following unattended support installers:
- Windows EXE – For individual Windows computers
- Windows MSI – For Windows networks
- Mac OS X PKG – For individual Mac computers
- Once you have downloaded your unattended installer, you can open it on your customer's computer to set up unattended access.
- When unattended support is successfully installed, the device will appear under its assigned device group, which can be accessed from your Dashboard or Devices pages.
When you install unattended support on a computer, it becomes listed as device that is assigned to the device group you selected during the initial setup. On your Dashboard, an overview of your selected device group and its assigned devices are displayed.
You can click View all devices to be taken to your Devices page, or you can manage your displayed devices on your Dashboard in the following ways:
Note: At this time, agents can only Rename, Reset connection, and Delete devices via the agent desktop app if the device is actively in session. These options are not available if the device is actively in session via the web app.
Note: If you do not have admin access, Manage Device Groups will not be displayed in the left navigation.
You can access the download pages of the GoToAssist Remote Support agent mobile applications for Android and iOS directly from your Dashboard. Learn more about the system requirements for agents and customers.
|Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app for iOS||Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app for Android|