Find an Answer
The GoToAssist (Remote Support) app provides a streamlined version of Remote Support, which allows you to provide unlimited attended and unattended support sessions from your Android device. Agents can use the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app to host support sessions with customers who join from any supported desktop or mobile device.
Note: It is not possible to support iOS customers from the GoToAssist (Remote Support) apps for iOS or Android or the GoToAssist Expert desktop app. For more information, please see the system requirements for Agents and Customers.
Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) App for Android
(for devices running Android OS 4.0.X (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later)
Note: Please see the Mobile Feature Comparison for information about features available during these support sessions.
Topics in this article:
Note: View the app system requirements here.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for "GoToAssist (Remote Support)" and open the app.
Note: This is not to be confused with the GoToAssist (Customer) app, which is only for Android users being supported by a Remote Support agent.
- Tap Install > Accept to install the app.
- Open the app, enter your GoToAssist credentials (email and password) and tap Log In.
- Select the Tap to start a support session button.
- A new support key appears on the Invite Customer screen. Send it to the customer by tapping Email Support Info.
Note: You must have the Gmail app set up to automatically create an email.
- Invite your customer to join the support session as follows:
Direct Windows, Mac or iOS customers to tap the support URL in the Invitation email to be directly launched into session, or go to www.fastsupport.com and enter the support key.
- Once the customer joins the support session, you will immediately see their screen.
- Tap the Unattended Computers button.
- Tap the desired unattended support computer to select it.
- Tap Connect on the Computer Details screen.
Note: For more information about mobile feature differences, please see the Mobile Feature Comparison,
Using the app's toolbar, agents can support customers using the following features: