Find an Answer
The GoToAssist (Remote Support) app provides a streamlined version of Remote Support, which allows you to provide unlimited attended and unattended support sessions from your iOS device. For more information about the iOS device requirements to use the GoToAssist (Remote Support) App for iOS, please see the System Requirements for Agents.
Agents can use the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app to host support sessions with customers running Windows, Mac, or using an Android device. For more information, see the System Requirements for Customers.
Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) App for iOS
Note: Please see the Mobile Feature Comparison for information about features available during these support sessions.
Topics in this article:
Note: See the app system requirements here.
- Open the App Store app on your iOS device.
- Search for "GoToAssist (Remote Support)" and open the app.
- Tap the Download icon to install the app. Enter your iTunes credentials if prompted.
- Open the app, enter your GoToAssist credentials (i.e., email address and password) and tap Log In.
- Tap the Tap to start a support session button.
- A new support key appears on the Invite Customer screen. Send it to the customer by tapping Email Support Info.
Note: You must have the Mail app set up to automatically create an email.
- Invite your customer to join the support session as follows:
- Once the customer joins the support session, you will immediately see their screen.
- Tap the Unattended icon in the toolbar.
- Tap on the desired unattended support computer to connect to it immediately.
- To manage the device, tap the Info icon to connect, rename, reset, or delete the device.
Using the app's toolbar and settings, agents can support customers using various features.
Note: The GoToAssist Customer desktop application must be running as a service to use this feature, otherwise this option will be grayed out. Additionally, this feature will be grayed out if the GoToAssist Customer desktop application is already installed on the customer's machine.
Note: When you invite an agent to join your support session, it is not required for the invited agent to have a seat on your own GoToAssist Remote Support account.
Agents can configure various settings within the iOS app by tapping the Settings icon on their iOS device.
Agents can configure the following settings:
(a) View Gesture Guide – Displays images and instructions for all in-app gestures to navigate within the app. Additionally, you can configure the option to "Show Gesture Guide when starting new sessions" by enabling the check box.
(b) Email address – The agent's email address.
(c) Mouse – Grants the agent mouse control, and displays a mouse in the foreground for navigation when enabled.
(d) Uninstall Customer – Removes the GoToAssist Customer desktop application upon session end when enabled (Windows only). Learn more.
(e) Lock on Disconnect – Locks the desktop of the unattended computer at session end when enabled. Learn more.
(f) Inactivity Timeout – Disconnects the agent's session due to inactivity when enabled. Learn more.
(h) Log Out – Logs the agent's credentials out of the mobile app.
Note: When using the mobile app on an iPhone, there are additional Performance settings (i.e., display effects, desktop wallpaper, font smoothing, and show dragging) that can be disabled to improve performance while on a slower connection. These settings are only configurable when the agent connects to a Windows computer.