Find an Answer
The GoToAssist (Remote Support) app provides a streamlined version of Remote Support, which allows you to provide unlimited attended and unattended support sessions from your iOS device. Technicians can use the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app to host support sessions with the following customers:
Note: This feature is for Remote Support technicians only.
Note: It is not possible to support iOS customers from the GoToAssist (Remote Support) apps for iOS or Android or the GoToAssist Expert desktop application. Please use customer-initiated support for chat-only support sessions with iOS customers.
Topics in this article:
Note: See the app system requirements here.
1. Open the App Store app on your iOS device.
2. Search for "GoToAssist (Remote Support)" and open the app.
3. Tap the Download icon to install the app. Enter your iTunes credentials if prompted.
4. Open the app, enter your GoToAssist credentials (i.e., email address and password) and tap Log In.
1. Tap the Tap to start a support session button.
2. A new support key appears on the Invite Customer screen. Send it to the customer by tapping Email Support Info.
Note: You must have the Mail app set up to automatically create an email.
3. Invite your customer to join the support session as follows:
- Direct Windows, Mac or iOS customers to tap the support URL in the Invitation email to be directly launched into session, or go to www.fastsupport.com and enter the support key.
- Direct Android customers to download the GoToAssist (Customer) app and enter the support key.
4. Once the customer joins the support session, you will immediately see their screen.
1. Tap the Unattended icon in the toolbar.
2. Tap the desired unattended support computer to select it.
3. Tap Connect on the Computer Details screen.
Using the app's toolbar, technicians can support customers using the following features:
Note: The GoToAssist Customer desktop application must be running as a service to use this feature.