Find an Answer
Remote Support allows multiple agents to join attended and unattended support sessions simultaneously, allowing all agents in the session to view and control the customer’s screen, retrieve diagnostic information and chat with each other and the customer. Invited agent(s) must have a GoToAssist Remote Support agent seat and will be prompted to log in with their credentials when they join the support session, however, their seat is not required to be named on the same account as the agent whom invited them to join the session.
Note: For optimal performance, no more than 4 agents are recommended per support session.
Topics in this article:
- During an attended or unattended support session, click the Arrow icon at the bottom of the customer thumbnail in the agent Viewer toolbar.
- Select Invite Agents and choose the method for sending the invitation, as follows:
- Copy Session URL – Copy the Session URL to the Office Clipboard. You can then provide it to the other agent(s).
- Email Session URL – Open a new email with the Session URL and information already pre-populated. You can then send the email to the other agent(s).
- When other agents join and leave the session, a message temporarily appears in the agent Viewer to alert others and a Chat record is logged. See Leave or transfer a collaborative support session for next steps.
When the original agent tries to leave a collaborative support session, they will be prompted to choose one of the following options:
Note: To join from an iOS device, please see Join a Collaborative Session as an Agent via iOS.
To join a collaborative session, agents can do either of the following from their desktop computer: