Find an Answer
GoToAssist dashboards spotlight the issues most vital to monitor. You can customize your dashboards to show network, inventory, server health, VMware data, and searches that you've saved. You can use dashboards created by others and shared in the GoToAssist community. You can arrange your dashboards to display your top-priority information so it is always at your fingertips. You can create a virtual NOC (Network Operation Center) that keeps this data at a glance. You can embed applications such as the GoToAssist Inventory or GoToAssist Alert applications directly within your dashboards. And as your Crawler continues to report fresh data, your dashboards are continually updated.
Topics in this article:
To open your Dashboard page:
1. On the left-hand navigation box on any page of your GoToAssist web account, click the Dashboard button.
2. To see your available Dashboards, do one of the following:
- Click the Dashboard arrow to open the list of available Dashboards.
- To the right of the current Dashboard name, click the Actions down arrow, and then click Switch to Dashboard.
3. Select a Dashboard from either list. From there, you can take the following actions:
- Posting searches to dashboards
- Adding applications
- Switching dashboards
- Adding dashboards
- Deleting dashboards
- Sharing dashboards
- Managing dashboard panels
- Dragging panels between dashboards
- Renaming dashboard panels
- Updating dashboard panels
You can customize the Dashboard to display the most important alerts, statistics, and searches that you've saved, or found from the GoToAssist user community.
To add a saved search to your Dashboard, do one of the following:
- Click the Dashboard Actions arrow, and then click Add Saved Search.
- Click the Search down arrow, and then click Add to Dashboard.
You can add powerful GoToAssist-based applications such as the GoToAssist Inventory or GoToAssist Alert applications as panels directly to your dashboard:
To add an application to your dashboard:
1. Click Dashboard Actions => Add Application.
2. From the pull-down list of available applications, select an application.
You can also add valuable dashboard share-its from the GoToAssist community that address a specific area, such as Windows System Information in Depth:
Or VMware Configuration:
To add a new dashboard:
1. Click Dashboard Actions => Create New Dashboard.
2. Double-click the New Dashboard title to name it, and then click OK.
3. To populate the new dashboard, see Add saved searches.
To switch dashboards, or rearrange a dashboard:
1. Click Dashboard Actions => Switch Dashboards.
2. From the pull-down list of available dashboards, select a dashboard.
Another dashboard is displayed. You can rearrange the tables and charts like this:
1. Click the top bar of the chart or table pane to grab it.
2. Drag and drop the pane in a new location.
To make a dashboard available to other users:
1. Switch to the dashboard that you want to share.
2. Click Dashboard Actions => Share This Dashboard.
As your GoToAssist Crawler scans your network, it sends up fresh data which is reflected in the searches posted to your dashboards. To force any single element, such as a chart or table on the dashboard, click the green Refresh button to force an Update.
To manage your dashboard panels further:
You can switch copies of dashboard panels between multiple dashboards by simply dragging the panel over the tab of the closed dashboard.
To drag copies of panels from one dashboard to another:
1. Open the source dashboard, and click the panel that you want to drag.
2. Drag the panel over the tab of the destination dashboard, until that tab turns red:
3. Then let go. The panel returns to its original place on the source dashboard, and a copy appears on the destination dashboard:
You can rename dashboard panels directly from the dashboard itself by clicking the "I" button on the upper right corner of each dashboard panel. No need to create a whole new panel.
To rename a dashboard panel:
1. On an open dashboard, click the "I" button on the upper right corner of the panel that you want to rename.
2. In the Modify Panel dialog box, edit the title:
3. Click Save.
You can edit your dashboard and update it, directly from the dashboard itself. You can change the underlying query and charting of a dashboard panel without having to create a new panel, with a click of the Plus button on the lower right corner of each dashboard panel.
To edit dashboard panels:
1. Open the dashboard, and click the "edit" button on the panel that you want to modify.
2. On the raw results page, edit the query itself or modify the chart properties.
3. Click the Search execute button and run the query to obtain new results.
4. Click Update Dashboard.
To delete a dashboard:
1. Switch to the dashboard that you want to remove.
2. Click Dashboard Actions => Delete This Dashboard.
3. In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.