Find an Answer
File Transfer enables you and the customer to exchange files from PC to PC. It uses the same firewall and proxy-friendly connection techniques as screen sharing. There are no restrictions on the type or size of files that can be sent.
For security and privacy purposes, the sender of a file must initiate the transfer (you can send a file from the customer’s computer using screen sharing), and the recipient must accept the file for the transfer to occur.
To send a file to your customer
1. From the Viewer window or your Chat window’s Tools menu, click Send Files.
From your Chat box or Viewer window, click the button.
2. Select which person you want to send the file to.
3. Browse to the location of the file or folder you would like to send.
4. Select the file or folder. (Multiple files or folders may be selected by pressing Shift or Ctrl on the keyboard.)
5. Click Send.
6. Your customer can place a check mark next to the files he/she would like to receive.
7. Click Browse to change the storage location and click Receive.
8. The transfer-status notifications appear during and on completion of File Transfer.
To send a file from the customer'sChat box
1. On the customer's computer, initiate the transfer in any of the following ways:
- From the Tools menu of the customer’s Chat box, select Tools and then Send File(s)/Folder(s).
- On the customer Chat box, click the button .
- Drag and drop a file into the Message Entry field of the Chat box.
- Right-click the customer’s GoToAssist System Tray icon and choose Send File(s)/Folder(s).
2. Select the file or folder on the customer’s PC (multiple files or folders may be selected by pressing Shift or Ctrl).
3. Click Send.
4. When prompted on your PC, click Receive and then choose the location to the store the file.
5. Click Save to start File Transfer. Either you or the customer can cancel at any time during the transfer.
You and the customer receive prompts upon completion of File Transfer. The file path is documented in both Chat boxes.
The Show Transfers window allows you and the customer to view the status of a file being transferred.
To view the status of a file transfer
1. Open the Show Transfers window in either of the following ways:
- From the Tools menu of the customer Chat box, select Tools, then Show Transfers.
- From the Viewer window menu bar, select Tools, then Show Transfers.
2. Clicking the file name in the Show Transfers screen will automatically jump to the folder where the transferred file is located.